Tom Delonge Blink 182

Former Blink-182 guitarist and frontman Tom Delonge is not giving up on the group and says he still wants the band to be a part of his life.

The 39-year-old musician who quit the group earlier this year reveals that he hasn't spoken to members Mark Hoppus and Travis Barker since their very public split.
Now, Delonge tells NME that he's still interested in the band that he "started."
"I loved that band, I started that band. That's me. I named the band - that shit came from me," Tom Delonge quipped. "[Being in Blink] cannot be the only thing in my life, or can it be the absolute priority. But can it be a part of my life? Absolutely."
He was asked if he would reunite with  Hoppus and Barker if they would invite him back to the group, to which he replied, "No, no, it's much more complex than that. It has to map up with everybody's life."
"For me it's always a scheduling thing. At this period of my life, I have these 10 things that I'm doing. And the 10 things are very important to me and what I'm very passionate about right now - but I did this band thing for 25 years, so, give me a second, y'know!"
"That difficulty is what makes bands have an edge and have something to say," he added. "That's why Blink-182 works. If we were all hunky dory, it wouldn't be the same."
Earlier this year, Hoppus and Barker announced their split with Delonge when the guitarist and co-frontman allegedly refused to enter the studio and record material with the group.
The remaining members of Blink-182 have since replaced Tom Delonge with Alkaline Trio frontman Matt Skiba and announced that they will be recording with the new member.
Hoppus updated on the band's progress last week with a photo of Skiba sat on a chair playing guitar, presumably during one of their recording sessions.
Delonge, meanwhile, is planning on releasing four albums and publishing 15 novels.