Carrie Underwood

Carrie Underwood news reported about how the "Smoke Break" singer spoke up about pop stars. According to a report from Mirror, the Nashville star shared that she believes country singers are nicer.

Carrie Underwood was asked by news reporters about her opinion regarding the ongoing feud between Miley Cyrus and Nicki Minaj after the two's recent VMA showdown.
The former "American Idol" champion compared the highly-publicized squabble to how she and fellow country stars treat each other.
"I think country music is a bit more encompassing," Carrie Underwood said.
"I doubt you'd ever see anything like that at a country music awards show, because for the most part, everybody is friends, or at least supportive of each other."
Noticeably, Carrie Underwood has yet to make news for being in a feud with another country singer. The 32-year-old said she has no plans fighting with another artist even if she was called out in public the way Miley Cyrus was blasted by Nicki Minaj.
"No, I'm pretty passive," she said. "I'm drama free."
Carrie Underwood's outspoken interview comparing pop stars to country artists came after she released her new single, "Smoke Break."
According to a report from E! Online, the Grammy winner showed an edgier side of her in the new release.
The hitmaker said she hopes that her fans will be receptive of her stronger and sexier style.
"I really hope that people that have been with me for the past 10 years like this direction that we've gone in," Carrie Underwood said.
"I just can't force it. It's just kind of where everything took me this time. So, I really hope that they enjoy this new sound."
Entertainment Tonight also reported about how Carrie Underwood defended herself for seemingly veering away from her wholesome image with "Smoke Break," which is part of her latest album "Storyteller."
"I always look for directions for an album to go in -- not that every single song has to fit into one single category, but some new feel, some new look, some new sound," she said.
"I want to grow as an artist and I just want every album to have its own feeling and then it all feels different and it all works together when I'm on tour."