Tom Delonge Blink 182
Former Blink-182 frontman and guitarist Tom Delonge says that he still wants the band to be "part of my life."
The 39-year-old musician, who quit the band earlier this year, says that he hasn't spoken to members Mark Hoppus and Travis Barker since their very public split earlier in the year.
According to an interview with NME, Tom Delonge says that he's still interested in the band that he "started."
"I loved that band, I started that band," Delonge quipped. "That's me. I named the band - that shit came from me. [Being in Blink] cannot be the only thing in my life, or can it be the absolute priority. But can it be a part of my life? Absolutely."
When asked if he would jump on the opportunity if Hoppus and Barker would invite him back to the group, Delonge responded, "No, no, it's much more complex than that. It has to map up with everybody's life. I think if all the roads that we're travelling connect at the same intersection, which is usually a location and a date, then we're good."
"For me it's always a scheduling thing. At this period of my life, I have these 10 things that I'm doing. And the 10 things are very important to me and what I'm very passionate about right now - but I did this band thing for 25 years, so, give me a second, y'know!"
"That difficulty is what makes bands have an edge and have something to say," he added. "That's why Blink-182 works. If we were all hunky dory, it wouldn't be the same."
Earlier this year, Hoppus and Barker announced their split with Delonge when the guitarist/co-frontman allegedly refused to enter the studio and record material with the group.
Blink-182 along Delonge's replacement, Alkaline Trio frontman Matt Skiba, have already started recording the group's latest album.
Delonge, meanwhile, has plans to release four albums and publish 15 novels.